Each unit in this guide for Primary 2 English contains a grammar item or concept with the following features:
Introduction: An attractive visual stimulus introduces the grammar item or concept. It is defined and then explained with examples that make the abstract grammar concepts more concrete.
Common Mistakes: Tips are given to warn pupils about common mistakes that they should avoid when they attempt exercises on grammar.
Short Exercises: Grammar exercises on a specific item are included to provide pupils with immediate practice. These include bite-sized exercises in the test format so that pupils can apply what they have just learnt about specific grammar items in the individual units.
Grammar Tests: At the end of the guide, pupils can attempt mock tests that assess grammar items across several units, just like in their school test papers.
Answer Key: An answer key is provided for pupils’ use when they assess their own answers so that they can learn from their mistakes.
To benefit from using this guide, pupils should complete units on specific grammar items and unit tests before doing the general tests.
This book in the primary grammar series is written for pupils to use:
• in the classroom, with teacher supervision; and
• at home, by pupils on their own and/or with parental guidance
• Covers all grammar items and concepts required by the Primary English syllabus issued by the Ministry of Education, Singapore
• Comprehensive grammar exercises and tests on Grammar MCQ, Grammar Cloze, Editing and Sentence Combining • Exercises based on the latest test format clearly identified
• Includes definitions, explanations and examples of grammar concepts
• Includes common mistakes students make in grammar exercises