Comprehension Skills – A Guide for Upper Secondary is a complete revision guide for students’ use at home and in school. It is designed to provide teachers and students with supplementary resources to reinforce the skills taught in the classroom. With this book, students need not worry about the transition from lower secondary to upper secondary level. This guide provides a sufficient platform for students to continue developing their knowledge and skills such that they will grow in confidence of success at their tests and examinations.
This is the second book of a two-part series. In order to strengthen their foundational skills, students can revisit Comprehension Skills – A Guide for Lower Secondary, which is the perfect complement to this upper secondary guide. Both books will form a complete kit to prepare students thoroughly for their ultimate test – the GCE ‘O’ Level English Language examination.
- Texts and questions adhere closely to the Table of Specifications adopted by most secondary schools in Singapore
- Reading skills and strategies with explicit explanations in each unit.
- Guided Practice and Independent Practice exercises hone each skill and strategy.
- Whilst-reading questions placed alongside texts aid in understanding and acquisition of relevant skills and strategies
- Full Practice Papers in the last chapter of the book provide the dress rehearsal for tests and examinations
- Answers for self-assessment and scoring