Each unit in this guide for Primary 4 English contains a grammar item or concept with the following features:
Introduction: An attractive visual stimulus introduces the grammar item or concept. This is followed by relevant definitions and explanations with examples to make the abstract grammar concepts more concrete and easier for learning.
Common Errors to Avoid: Tips are given to warn pupils about common errors that they should avoid when they attempt exercises on grammar.
Short Exercises: Grammar exercises on a specific item or concept are included to provide pupils with immediate practice.
Exercises on Specific Grammar Items in the latest Primary 4 CA/SA format: Exercises in the Continuous Assessment (CA) and Semestral Assessment (SA) formats are given so that pupils can apply what they have just learnt about specific grammar items in the individual units.
CA/SA Grammar Tests: At the end of the guide, pupils can attempt mock tests that assess grammar items and concepts across several units, just like in their school CA and SA papers.
Answer Key: An answer key is provided for pupils’ use when they assess their own answers so that they can learn from their mistakes. To benefit from using this guide, pupils should complete individual units on specific grammar items and concepts before doing the generic Primary 4 CA/SA exercises.
The book in the primary grammar series is written for pupils to use:
- In the classroom with teacher supervision, and/or;
- At home, for independent learning or with parental guidance.
- Covers all grammar items and concepts required by the Primary English syllabus issued by the Ministry of Education, Singapore
- Comprehensive grammar exercises and tests on Grammar MCQ, Structural Cloze, Editing, and Synthesis and Transformation
- Exercises based on the latest CA/SA format clearly identified
- Includes definitions, explanations and examples of grammar concepts
- Includes Common Errors students make in grammar exercises